STAY CONNECTED: Have the stories that matter most delivered every night to your email inbox. Subscribe to our daily local news wrap.
Alberta Legislature
Provincial Politics

Third recall petition against Alberta politicians comes up short, another withdrawn

Feb 18, 2026 | 12:47 PM

A third recall petition against a member of Alberta’s legislature has failed, and another has been withdrawn.

Casey Klein says her petition campaign against United Conservative Party backbencher Nolan Dyck gathered just over 1,000 signatures, roughly 10 per cent of what was needed by Thursday’s deadline.

Klein says while the petition wasn’t a success, she thinks Dyck has lost some local support as many who signed had voted for him in the 2023 provincial election.

It’s the third of 26 petitions launched late last year against members of Alberta’s legislature to have failed.

A fourth has also come to an end, as the petition targeting Family Services Minister Searle Turton has been withdrawn.

Mona O’Neill says there were privacy concerns for some about signing her petition.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Feb. 18, 2026.