STAY CONNECTED: Have the stories that matter most delivered every night to your email inbox. Subscribe to our daily local news wrap.
(Image Credit: EverythingGP staff.)
Court

Updates on two robbery cases

Aug 17, 2026 | 6:00 AM

Charges withdrawn against an accused in armed robbery case 

Alberta Justice says charges against one of the three people charged in a 2025 armed robbery in Grande Prairie have been withdrawn. 

Saddarta Stanyer had been facing two robbery charges, along with one each of possession of a weapon dangerous to the public and possession of stolen property under $5000. 

A preliminary hearing had been scheduled for August 11, 2026, but the charges were withdrawn on July 27, 2026. 

Stanyer and two others were charged after a robbery at a downtown bar on August 4, 2025. 

Grande Prairie RCMP said at the time that a man went into the bar, pulled out an imitation firearm and demanded cash. He also threatened the employees before running away with some cash. 

In May of this year, Ronald Caplette was given a 1095-day jail sentence after pleading guilty to a charge of robbery. 

The third accused, Karson Clease, has a preliminary hearing set for December 3, 2026.


Guilty plea to assault charge after a robbery investigation 

Alberta Justice says a St. Isidore man charged in a robbery investigation has been convicted of a charge of assault. 

Seven other charges against Jayson Arndt, including robbery with a restricted prohibited weapon, theft of a motor vehicle, uttering threats of death or bodily harm, plus some weapons charges, were dismissed. 

Arndt was charged after police got a report of an armed robbery at a home. 

Peace River RCMP said at the time that they believed that this was a “targeted incident.” 

Arndt was given a 30-day jail sentence and one year of probation.